Chartered in 1887 by leaders of the Church of the Brethren, McPherson College has a distinguished history of providing excellent liberal arts and career-oriented education shaped by the essential values of its founding denomination. The College welcomes students of all cultural, economic and religious backgrounds.
The present campus, with its 16 major buildings and 27-acre setting, has matured into an institution of which its founders would be proud. To celebrate its 100th anniversary in 1987-88, McPherson College architecturally redesigned its entire campus, a factor that has improved the quality of living and learning at McPherson College. In the spring of 2000 state-of-the-art theatre and fine arts facilities were added to the instructional facilities, and Melhorn Science Hall opened its doors for fall 2001 classes