Our vision for Hamline University, a diverse community of learners with students at the center that transforms lives, combined with our diversity policy, requires a comprehensive and integrated approach across all of our schools, programs, and administrative units. Our vision embraces a safe, welcoming, and inclusive environment for all — students, faculty, and staff.
This initiative approaches the integration of diversity values across five major focus areas:
- Student learning inside the classroom (faculty development & academic affairs)
- Students outside the classroom (student affairs)
- Faculty recruitment and retention
- Staff recruitment, development, and retention
- External relations and partnerships
Diversity work is among the most important things that we can do at Hamline. Our future success depends on our diversity. Organizations and universities who do not find a way to bring their communities together will simply not succeed.